Volunteer with us!
7 Jun 2017
We are recruiting for an Administration and Communications Volunteer.
We are seeking a volunteer to help with general admin and communications tasks whilst the programme is being developed. The tasks might relate to data entry, event organising, general admin and preparing documentation as well as some communications tasks such as transcribing videos and posting content to the website.
Purpose of volunteer role
To assist Bristol Ageing Better staff to ensure the smooth running of the programme by providing administrative support.
The role involves
- Providing general administrative support for Bristol Ageing Better in the Age UK Bristol office.
- Preparing a weekly update to the Babbers Radio Show team on Ujima Radio about current events in Bristol.
- Communications admin tasks such as creating web content, transcribing videos.
- Data entry of the CMF evaluation questionnaires onto databases.
- Occasional photocopying, scanning and general administrative tasks.
- Adhering to all Age UK Bristol policies and procedures, such as Confidentiality, Health and Safety and Equal Opportunities.
- Attending training sessions and volunteer meetings as appropriate.
The qualities and skills required for this role are
- Flexibility and willingness to undertake a variety of routine administrative tasks.
- Good communication skills.
- An understanding of the need for confidentiality.
- Ability to be part of a team.
- Good organisational skills.
- IT literate.
- An understanding of the needs of older people.
This can be discussed, but we are looking for a minimum of approximately 2 hours per week between Monday and Friday 9am-5pm.
Friday, 30 June, 2017 - 17:30
How to Apply:
Contact Alex on email@example.com or phone 0117 9281539 for an informal chat.
Click here for more information about this exciting role.